Adoption Process at My Kitty Cafe
All cats at MKC are from Purrfect Companions of Norfolk Cat Rescue, a registered non-profit charitable organization operated by volunteers dedicated to cat rescue and adoption.
PCON cats are:
- spayed or neutered,
- have been microchipped and treated for flea prevention and deworming.
- have been tested for FIV and tested NEGATIVE for Feleuk.
- The Facts About FIV and FeLV
The MKC residents are all adoption ready for a charitable adoption fee
- $250 per kitten or $400 for a two kitten adoption (under 1 year)
- $175 per kitty or $300 for a two cat adoption (Over 1 year)
- $100 for FIV+ kitty or Senior Cat
- Purebred Cat : Special Price – Please Inquire
Before beginning the adoption process it is required that you book a visit/or drop-in to My Kitty Cafe to meet all of our current resident kitties there.
After you’ve met a cat that you are interested in adopting, the first step in the adoption process is to complete the online Adoption Application. You cannot submit for a kitty you have just seen on the website. A visit is required.
We do not necessarily approve applications in order of receipt. Our goal is to place the right cat into the right home. We want to make the best possible match, both for the adopter and for our cats. Our adoption standards and criteria are in place to ensure that this happens. We often receive multiple applications for each resident kitty. Once the best match has been selected that applicant will be contacted. The final step in the adoption process is an adoption meeting at MKC with the PCON Adoptions Volunteer. At the completion of a successful meeting the kitty will go home.
Thanks for your interest in adopting a rescue kitty from PCON.